Lime Lemon Juice Manufacturers, Lime Lemon Juice Suppliers Directory – Find a Lime Lemon Juice Manufacturer and Supplier. Choose Quality Lime Lemon Juice Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters at VINUT Food & Beverage
- Both lemons and limes have a long history of use in traditional medicine. They each contain antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals and provide a range of health benefits.
- People also make claims about the health benefits of lemon water and the potential benefits of drinking lime juice.
- Lemons and limes have several shared health benefits because they share the following properties:
- They contain lots of vitamin C
Both lemons and limes are high in vitamin C, an important antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage.
- Vitamin C also helps the body absorb iron from foods and supports the immune system.
- The body also uses vitamin C in the production of collagen, an important substance for healing wounds.
- They contain flavonoids
Lemons and limes both contain flavonoids. Flavonoids are phytochemicals that may have several health benefits, such as for heart disease and metabolic disorders.
- Animal and cell studies have suggested that flavonoids have anti-inflammatory, antidiabetic, cancer-fighting, and neuroprotective properties. However, more research is needed to fully understand their effects in humans.
- Research into flavonoids is still in its early stages, but the initial findings are promising.
- They contain antioxidants
Along with vitamin C, lemons and limes also contain other antioxidants.
- Antioxidants help protect the body from cell damage, which appears to play a role in a range of chronic health conditions, such as diabetes, cancer, and dementia.
- It is possible that antioxidants also help prevent these conditions from developing. However, again, research into this area is ongoing.
- They may aid weight loss over time
Some sources claim that consuming lemon, or lemon-based products, can help with weight loss. For example, lemon water is a mixture of fresh lemon juice and water and is a part of some weight loss diets.
- However, there is currently no scientific evidence to prove that lemon, or any lemon-based product, can result in weight loss above what adequate hydration promotes. Learn more about the lemon detox diet here.
- Lemons can form part of a healthful diet that eventually leads to weight loss, but this is likely to be as a result of a reduced calorie intake, regular exercise, and other more substantial lifestyle improvements.
There are no reviews yet.